Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter day!

The boys wore their cute new outfits from Nana and Papa and we took family pictures before we went to church. After the boys' naps we had a special Easter egg hunt with objects in the eggs that helped us tell the true Easter story and boiled eggs. (Things like a stone representing the stone rolled away from the tomb, a picture of Christ, an empty one representing the empty tomb, and so forth). We did it twice and the second time we had Aaron tell us what each object meant. It was really neat to see how well he remembered and that he knows what Easter is really about. Oh, and this is kind of trivial, but I was very excited because I found a ham for $0.99 a pound and it turned out really yummy. That was the first time I have ever made a ham all by myself so I was pretty happy about it. Overall, we had a very nice Easter and were very greatful to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and all that he has done for us.

2 comments:

Cambrienelson said...

cute pictures. Easter is fun with little kids around... actually, all holidays are more fun with kids around. It's just fun being parents isn't it?

Allison said...

So cute! It looks like you had a fun Easter! :) I like your idea of putting clues about the story of the resurrection in the Easter eggs. That's a good idea!