Saturday, April 26, 2008

Where I was...

I got this idea from Allison and I thought it would be a lot of fun to look back on what I was doing 1, 5, and 10 years ago. (I thought about going back farther, but thought you would probably get a little bored. )

1 year ago: We were living in Stockton, California. Michael was working at the blood bank and we had already decided on going to graduate school in Texas. Around this date, on April 28, my cousin Julia got married in the Oakland temple and we were able to go there for that and the reception later that evening. We then were able to go stay with Starla and Dave in Monterrey for the night and part of the next day. We also fulfilled a wish that we had had on our honeymoon in Monterrey to take our kids to Dennis the Mennace Park. We had a lot of fun with them there. That is what I miss most about California, being able to be there for family events and spending time with my family!

5 years ago: We were newlyweds living in Provo, UT. We lived in a cute little basement apartment with a card table for our kitchen table (We didn't have much room in our kitchen.) Michael had just barely graduated (on April 25) with his Bachelor's Degree in Biology Teaching. Kay and Ben came up for the occasion and we were able to spend time with them and Katie. That semester I had been working at the Marriot Center as a custodian full-time while Michael was doing his student teaching in Heber. Michael was looking for jobs all over and we really didn't know where we would end up except that we knew we wanted to go to California.

10 years ago: I was a Sophomore at Ponderosa High School in Shingle Springs, CA. I was looking forward to my 16th birthday and being able to date. It's kind of funny to think how exciting that is to a teenage girl! About a month later I had my first girl-boy party at a miniature golf coarse and had a lot of fun. I still have a picture from one of those photo booths where we crammed 5 of us in there!
In the meantime, Michael was serving a mission in Madrid, Spain and starting in a new assignment in the area that the temple was being built. The temple was dedicated less than a year later.

1 comment:

Allison said...

That's fun to read about what you were doing way back when :) I'm glad you did it too!